This does have to do with my Pinterest Challenge . I got the recipe from this blog.
So I began with cutting and coring two apples. But I decided to deviate from the recipe I was following and put a tablespoon of sugar in for fun!
Then I spread them out on a pan with parchment paper and put them into an over set at 275.
I set it for an hour, and once the hour was up I flipped them over and set it for another hour.
When I went to check on them, I saw that most of them were burning!! haha so I quickly took them out and let them cool.
What I found was that many of my apples were not uniform when I cut them. Which was why most of the burnt and I also found that some were undercooked. I probably need one of those chopping things that are on informercials. But the ones that did survive were real good.
And if I were to make them again I will probably set my over at a much lower temp so the apples can really dry out.
After my fail at making these apple chips I went out and bought some from the store.
One lazy night with my apple chips comin' up!
Just found your blog and it is so cute. I found it through your comment on Cup of Jo. Welcome to LA! You might like Via Los Angeles. It's "Your Little Black Book to the City of Angels."
ReplyDeletehttp://www.vialosangeles.com
I'll be checking back here!
xoxo
Thanks! Your website is awesome! I will be using it for sure. :)
Delete